Paid summer internships are available for a wide variety of college majors.
Not sure if a career working with the State of North Carolina is for you? Are you eager to take what you’ve learned in the classroom and relate it to real-world experience?
The State of North Carolina is committed to hiring the best and brightest students graduating from the schools across the State. Before you graduate, consider one of the various internship opportunities available to students interested in finding out more about or working with us. The Youth Advocacy & Involvement Office offers college, graduate, and law students paid summer internships in almost all state agencies across North Carolina.
There are multiple advantages of interning with the State of North Carolina including:
- Develop networking partnerships with state government employees working in your field.
- Gain hands-on experience to expand your resume/application.
- Develop new skills and refine others.
- Gain confidence in your abilities.
- Make academic work more meaningful through practical application of classroom principles.
- Explore career choices within your major field of study.
- Get a head start on the competition.
Youth Advocacy & Involvement Office 2015 Interns Olivia Brown and Liron Benjamin talk about working with web content management systems and being part of the team at the Department of Information Technology.
Youth Advocacy and Involvement Office Intern John Daniels talks about his experience working in the NCDOT Communications Office over the summer of 2011. He explains how the firsthand knowledge he gained will help him in his job search after he graduates from college.