The NC Office of State Human Resources is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for state employees and visitors of our agencies and universities. OSHR, in partnership with state agencies and universities, will provide a safe and healthy work environment free of recognized hazards and unsafe conditions. North Carolina State Government will promote and continually strive to provide an environment and culture that fosters best practices and enhances safety and health within state government by asking our employees to:
- Follow the policies and procedures set forth in the State Employees Workplace Requirements Program for Safety and Health Policy and their internal policies and procedures
- Familiarize yourself with the Safety Handbook
- Be alert to potential hazards and unsafe conditions and report them immediately using the Hazard Hero Form or the applicable department's hazard recognition and reporting program
- Report injuries that occur by following the Protocol for Reporting Injuries and Fatalities
- Share new ideas for safety process improvements at every level
- Stay safe at work, at home, and while traveling
Each of us is responsible for safety every day. For more information on how you can be a Hazard Hero, contact your agency's Safety Leader.