As an Employment First State for individuals with disabilities, the State of North Carolina is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workspace for individuals with disabilities. State agencies* and the UNC System Office will be represented at this virtual job fair to recruit applicants interested in public service careers for competitive opportunities at agencies and locations across North Carolina.
Opportunities are available for every level of candidate, from experienced professionals to recent college graduates and college students with disabilities, to meet online with state agency recruiters. Participants are encouraged to create an online profile in NEOGOV, the state jobs portal, at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina.
To learn more about the State of North Carolina’s efforts to reduce barriers to state government employment, review the Frequently Asked Questions for Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 258, Recognizing the Value of Experience in State Government Hiring.
When: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Where: Virtual – Register at https://oshr.nc.gov/DisabilityCareerFair
Why: This fourth annual outreach is part of Governor Roy Cooper’s Employment First initiative, which seeks to provide competitive, integrated employment for individuals with disabilities. Executive Order 92: Employment First for North Carolinians with Disabilities marked its fourth anniversary on March 28.
More: Kristin Siemek, State Talent Acquisition Manager: Kristin.Siemek@nc.gov or 984-236-0853
*Participating agencies include:
- Department of Adult Correction
- Department of Administration
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Insurance
- Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Department of Natural and Cultural Resources
- Department of Public Instruction
- Department of Public Safety
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Transportation
- Office of State Human Resources
- University of North Carolina System Office