Donate to Hurricane Recovery

Workers' Compensation Administrators

As a Workers' Compensation Administrator (WCA), your role is to help ensure that state employees who are injured on the job receive the medical attention they need and serve as the liaison between the injured employee, the supervisor, the agency, and the Third Party Administrator.

Workers' Compensation Program

All State employees and officers, elected officials, General Assembly member, and persons appointed to serve on a per diem, part-time or fee basis are covered by the NC Workers’ Compensation Act, North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 97 et al.

The Office of State Human Resources administers the State Workers’ Compensation Program for state agencies/universities. Agencies are responsible for payment for medical treatment and loss of wages for their employees’ workers’ compensation claims. A third party administrator and other vendors, contracted by the State, handle and provide necessary services for individual workers’ compensation claim administration for the University System, Judicial Branch, Legislative Branch, Cabinet agencies, Council of State agencies, and several Boards and Commissions.

WCA Resources and Job Aids

WCA Forms

WCA Process and Procedural Documents

Workers' Compensation Vendor Information

Claims Settlement

The North Carolina General Assembly provided for transfer of specific unused funds in S.L. 2005-241 Section 30.10(a) and (c), the FY 2015-2016 state budget for, “closure of workers’ compensation claims”. The Office of State Budget Management (OSBM) has directed the Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) to establish a process for the timely distribution of these funds totaling approximately $4.38 million.

Read the Settlement Reserve Funding Administration Process

A fillable form has been created for agencies that would like to be considered for the use of some of these funds. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.  Applications may be submitted beginning July 1, 2016.  Settlement Reserve Funds will be  allocated for use in individual claim settlements until fully exhausted.

Fillable PDF Application