The State of North Carolina offers a wide variety of internships throughout the year.
Not sure if a career working with the State of North Carolina is for you? Are you eager to take what you’ve learned in the classroom and relate it to real-world experience?
The State of North Carolina is committed to hiring the best and brightest students graduating from the schools across the State. Before you graduate, consider one of the various internship opportunities available to students interested in finding out more about or working with us. The Youth Advocacy & Involvement Office offers college, graduate, and law students paid summer internships in almost all state agencies across North Carolina.
There are multiple advantages of interning with the State of North Carolina including:
- Develop networking partnerships with state government employees working in your field.
- Gain hands-on experience to expand your resume/application.
- Develop new skills and refine others.
- Gain confidence in your abilities.
- Make academic work more meaningful through practical application of classroom principles.
- Explore career choices within your major field of study.
- Get a head start on the competition.
Students participating in the State of North Carolina Internship program share how they gained valuable work experience while learning about the variety of careers available in state government.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation's Internship programs provide real-world experience and networking opportunities for college students while allowing them the chance to explore a potential career with state government.