Challenge 15 began March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, and the virtual trail led participants on an exploration of various Irish-related towns throughout the United States, with names such as Dublin and Shamrock. Employees walked a total of 2,629,844,643 steps or 1,314,924 miles in 8 weeks. A total of 501 teams, of up to ten people, for approximately 5,463 state employees, completed the challenge with benefits ranging from weight loss, decreased blood pressure, or an increase in overall energy and office team building.
Bionic Hare Division (13 Teams)
- 1st Place: "HHS Hardcare Healthy Superhumans" - University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- 2nd Place: "Bionic Steppers" - Lenoir County College
- 3rd Place: “IRISH I WAS FIT" - North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings
Super Hare Division (140 Teams)
- 1st Place: “Shamrock n Roll" - NC State University
- 2nd Place: "Stepping for Justice" - Department of Public Safety
- 3rd Place: “Carolina Heelsplitters" - North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Hare Division (119 Teams)
- 1st Place: “Too Inspired to be Tired" - Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- 2nd Place: “Richmond CC Sole Curvivors" - Richmond Community College
- 3rd Place: “Accountabilabuddies 2" - North Carolina Department of Public Instruction"