Job Application System
General Employment Information
We are glad you are interested in joining North Carolina State Government, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working for North Carolina provides opportunities to serve the citizens of North Carolina and demonstrate excellence and commitment. Employees enjoy a varied benefits package including leave options and health care in addition to their annual salary.
Please keep in mind the following key points:
- All agencies, institutions, and universities in North Carolina State Government handle their own hiring;
- Questions regarding a specific vacancy posting should be directed to that particular agency/institution as outlined in the Contact Information section on the vacancy posting;
- Information only included on resumes will not be considered in determining qualifications;
- Educational degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions;
- To claim Veterans’ Preference, submit Form DD 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) along with the completed State application;
- Males subject to Military Selective Service Registration must certify compliance to be eligible for state employment (G. S. 143B-421.1);
- North Carolina State Government participates in the Federal E-Verify program;
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section provides information to many questions.
Vacancy information is updated throughout the day. If you have questions regarding aspecific vacancy, contact the agency/institution noted in the specific vacancy announcement. For basic information regarding employment with North Carolina State Government, contact our office at 919-807-4800.
If you are interested in opportunities within the University of North Carolina System institutions, please visit the Find Jobs in the UNC system.
If you are unable to apply for a position using the automated on-line application, please download the paper application of the PD-107 Form.
Administrative Office of the Courts Application for Employment
NC Judicial Center
901 Corporate Center Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
North Carolina General Assembly Application for Employment
Legislative Services Office
NC General Assembly
Legislative Building, Room 2129
16 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Good luck with your search for employment with North Carolina State Government! Thanks for your interest.