Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA)
- Set aside Pre-Tax dollars to use for eligible health care expenses.
- Use your account instantly! NCFlex Convenience Card works like a credit card or debit card when paying for these expenses.
- Select your contribution each year. The minimum is $120 per plan year and the maximum is $2,850 per plan year for 2023.
- If you have a spouse who is also employed with State Government, they may contribute as much as $2,850 for 2023.
- You can roll over up to $570 of unused money into the next plan year for for 2023 to 2024.
- Visit ncflex.padmin.com to submit claims electronically, check your account balance and more!
Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account (DDCFSA)
- Set aside Pre-Tax dollars to use for Child Care and Adult Day Care expenses.
- Select your contribution each year. The minimum is $120 per plan year and the maximum is $5,000 per plan year.
- You may contribute up to $5,000 per household/per plan year.
- Use your NCFlex Convenience Card to pay for eligible dependent care expenses, up to the amount available in your account.
- This account does not include a roll over but does have a grace period (March 15 of the following year) which extends the time to spend your funds from the prior plan year.
Important information for participants of the 2022 plan year with a rollover (aka carry forward):
- The plan allowed for up to $550 to roll into 2023, as long as you had a minimum balance of $25.
- The rollover as well as anything above the $550 can still be claimed for 2022 expenses through the runout period.
- The runout period is March 31 and is the last day to file claims for the 2022 plan year.
- When viewing your account at ncflex.padmin.com or via the P&A Group Mobile app, your roll over will be on a separate line item from your current year account. It will be called 2022 Health FSA Carryforward Acct. After March 31, it will be called 2023 Health FSA Carryforward Acct.
- If you have a 2023 account, 2023 expenses will first pull from your 2023 money, then from your carry forward account.
- If you do not have a 2023 account or if you deplete your 2023 account, roll over funds will be available after the runout period.
- What this means is your card will not pull anything from your rollover until after March 31. If you have claims prior to this date in 2023 that need to be reimbursed by the carry forward account, claims can be filed manually after March 31, retro back to January 1.
- The purpose of this "hold" is to allow time to still file claims for 2022 on the rollover money.
- Once rollover money becomes available, it can be used for expenses dated 1/1/23 - 12/31/23. At the end of 2023, you can roll over up to $570 into 2024; money will be combined from your 2023 account and your 2023 carry forward account (money rolled from 2022) to be considered for roll over.
Please note: 2023 contributions cannot be used for prior year expenses.
Claim Forms, Plan Information, FAQs and more
Flexible Spending Accounts Contact Information
8 a.m. – 10 p.m. (EST), Monday – Friday
|Mailing Address||P&A Group
Attn: NCFlex FSA Plan
17 Court Street, Suite 500
Buffalo, NY 14202