Out of 118 nominations submitted, 16 state employees have been chosen for this year’s prestigious ‘Governor’s Awards for Excellence.’ It is the highest honor a state employee may receive for dedicated service to the State and the people of North Carolina.
“Their passion for public service helps improve the quality of life for those who choose to live, work and raise families in North Carolina,” said Governor McCrory. “These state employees make selfless sacrifices to improve the lives of others… provide great customer service… and bring innovative solutions to some of government’s toughest challenges.”
The honorees will attend a luncheon, followed by a special awards ceremony on Tuesday, September 27, from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. inside the NC Museum of History.
“The winners are truly exceptional,” said Paula Woodhouse, Interim Director of the Office of State Human Resources (OSHR). “They went above and beyond their daily responsibilities to make meaningful and enduring impacts in our communities.”
The 2016 Governor’s Awards for Excellence honorees are:
- Dr. Angela B. Smith - Health and Human Services
- Robert Walker - University of North Carolina – Greensboro
EFFICIENCY & INNOVATION
- Terry Kuhn - Natural and Cultural Resources
- Liani Yirka - Natural and Cultural Resources
- Teresa Beasley - Wildlife Resources Commission
- David Descourouez - Wildlife Resources Commission
- Isaac Hannah - Wildlife Resources Commission
- Glen Webb - Public Safety
OUTSTANDING STATE GOVERNMENT SERVICE
- Lebra Nance - University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- Colonel (Ret.) Edward Timmons - Public Safety
- TaWanna Archia - University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- William E. Hemphill - Public Safety
SAFETY & HEROISM
- Jonathan Gouge - Public Safety
- Jay Mozingo - Transportation
- Lindsay Recchie - North Carolina State University
- George Revels - Agriculture & Consumer Services
The ceremony is hosted by OSHR with the support of the North Carolina State Employees’ Credit Union Foundation.
Media wishing to cover the Awards Ceremony should RSVP to David Prickett at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, September 26.