Policies & Monitoring
EEO policies, like other policies, are designed to influence decisions and plans for a course of action. In state government, EEO policies are developed as a result of the enactment of federal laws and state statutes. On one hand, EEO policies enable managers and supervisors to understand the requirements of the laws and statutes and how to implement them in a fair manner. On the other hand, EEO policies help employees and managers/supervisors to understand their rights and what is expected of them. EEO policies like other policies protect the interests of state agencies and universities as well as employees.
You can view the specific policies by clicking on the policy name.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity Fundamentals
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Unlawful Workplace Harassment
EEO monitoring is an ongoing process that organizations use to determine their effectiveness in meeting their EEO Program objectives. Reviewing this process at least quarterly will assist organizations in keeping abreast of what is working well and noting where improvements or adjustments can be made to improve or ensure the achievemant of their objectives.
The EEO Monitoring program is designed to:
- assess the effectiveness of agency's/university's efforts to meet equal employment opportunity plan and program objectives;
- make recommendations for implementing new EEO programs; and
- make recommendations which foster non-discrimination and strengthen practices and programs.