Enroll or make changes October 9 - 27 for the 2024 plan year.
Do you have to enroll?
- Reviewing available options helps you make the best benefits choices for you and your family for the upcoming year. However, if you do not make changes by Friday, Oct. 27, your current elections will roll over (at 2024 rates) — except for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- You must re-enroll in the Health Care and/or Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) each year to make contributions in the upcoming plan year. If you do not re-enroll, your current contributions end on Dec. 31, 2023.
Important News for 2024:
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to enroll in or make changes to your NCFlex benefits. Outside of Open Enrollment, changes are only allowed when you experience a qualifying life event.
This page highlights changes for 2024 to prepare you for Open Enrollment in October. NCFlex offers several benefits to eligible employees, all of which can be found in the Enrollment Guides linked below. Note there are separate guides for university and non-university employees.
Health Care FSA
- If you are participating in the Health Care FSA for 2023 and you have a minimum balance of $25, up to $570 of the unused account balance from 2023 will roll over to pay eligible expenses in 2024. You can use these funds even if you do not re-enroll in the Health Care FSA for 2024.
- The new annual contribution limit for the Health Care FSA for 2024 is $3,050 and the new rollover amount going into 2025 will be $610.
- To view your FSA account, go to ncflex.padmin.com.
Dental Plan Rate Changes
- Some rates for the NCFlex Dental Plan will increase for 2024. Rates for the High Option and Low Option plans will go up. The rates for the Classic Option plan will not change.
- No matter what Dental Plan you elect, you can receive benefits for basic services, such as fillings, extractions, root canal therapy and treatment for gum disease, as well as diagnostic and preventive services like oral exams, cleanings and x-rays. The Classic Option and High Option plans also cover major services, such as crowns, dentures, bridges and more.
- Learn about the cost of the plan and more details on benefits by visiting the Dental Plan page or by viewing the 2024 Enrollment Guides linked below.
Benefits for Wellness Screenings
- Every day we learn more about the importance of regular health screenings and the increased chances of survival when serious illnesses are detected early. The NCFlex Accident Plan, Critical Illness Plan, and Cancer Plan make regular health screenings more accessible by including wellness benefits.
- The benefit is payable once per year, per person for completing an eligible health screening test. Some screenings may overlap all three plans, meaning you could potentially have a wellness benefit from all three plans if enrolled.
- Learn more about each plan's wellness benefit, including eligible screenings and filing deadlines, by visiting the Accident Plan, Critical Illness Plan and Cancer Plan pages.
Learn more or enroll
Ready to Enroll?
Go to ncflex.org and click the Enroll Now button. Click the button for your enrollment system. If your employer is not listed, select the "eBenefits" button or contact your HR representative for assistance. Once logged in, the enrollment system will walk you through the steps to enroll.
Call the eligibility and enrollment call center at 1-855-859-0966, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., ET. Call center hours will be extended during Open Enrollment until 10 p.m. and will also include Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
UNC (Empyrean) Platform:
All institutions have single sign-on for online enrollment. You can link to the UNC (Empyrean) platform for your institution from the enrollment page on the UNC System Human Resources site.
- Log in to the site.
- Once logged in, you will see a pending event (i.e. open enrollment).
- Click "Continue" and follow the prompts to make your enrollment choices.
- Scroll down through the display of your choices and click "Submit My Elections."
- Click "Accept" on the pop-up message that appears. Don't overlook this critical step! If you don't do this, your choices will not be recorded.
- Print a copy of your Confirmation Statement before logging out.
Have questions or need assistance? Call the Empyrean University Benefits Service Center at 833-862-1490, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., ET.
Online Benefits Meeting
Online benefits meetings will be held during enrollment on the following dates and times below. You can register below or on our 2024 NCFlex Open Enrollment Employee Sessions page to receive reminders for these meetings. Or simply click the link to join at the time of the event.
These meetings will discuss NCFlex benefits only. For information on the State Health Plan, visit the SHP's Open Enrollment page which notes webinars held in October related to the medical benefits.
|Date||Time||Link to Register||Link to Join|
|Wednesday, Oct. 11||1 - 2 p.m.||Register||Join|
|Friday, Oct. 13||12 - 1 p.m.||Register||Join|
|Wednesday, Oct. 18||7 - 8 p.m.||Register||Join|
|Saturday, Oct. 21||10 - 11 a.m.||Register||Join|
|Monday, Oct. 23||1 - 2 p.m.||Register||Join|
|Thursday, Oct. 26||12 - 1 p.m.||Register||Join|